Saturday, May 16, 2009

Get to Know Billy Black a.k.a. Gil Birmingham


Twilighters Anonymous has an exclusive interview with Gil Birmingham (uh. just as the title above suggests...). Here's a snippet:

TA.com: Has the Twilight hype affected you in anyway? After having gone through one Twilight film already, do you feel you are better prepared for the hype the second time around?

GB: The whole Twilight experience has been truly amazing. I am constantly in awe of the love and support that Twilight fans all over the world continue to give me. The downside is that I have less time now to communicate directly with my fans, but I hope they know that I feel truly blessed to be a part of this thing called Twilight. I’m at the point in my life where I can appreciate all the adoration from fans, but not get swept up in all the hype. I’m still the same Gil Birmingham I was before Twilight.

TA.com: How do you get into character to carry out your role as Billy? Do you find that you relate to the character of Billy in any way?

GB: I spent time studying the book and the character to understand the inner motivation of Billy and tried to get into his thought process and how he would look and react in various situations. Billy is the leader of the tribe, but is not a werewolf. Because of this, he brings a different perspective to the story, and it adds complexity to his character. I found that there was a lot of Billy in me, which projected in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment