Sunday, August 2, 2009
Still snarky, still jam-packed with all the latest about the Twilight Saga, but now packaged prettier with a hunky bow on top!
Change your bookmarks, grab my button, and join the fun over at:
Friday, July 31, 2009
From the IMDB website, the synopsis of the film:
Teenager Will Burton lives in his head, and his head is filled with music. When his mother, Karen Burton, gets a new job in New Jersey, Will starts his junior year at a new school only to find the old cliques still apply, but rock-n-roll rules the scene. Perpetually a misfit, Will strikes up a friendship with like-minded outsider Sa5m (the 5 is silent). They are both surprised when the school's "it" girl, Charlotte recruits Will to help aCreate a Photo Slideshow for this Articlessemble a band to compete in "Bandslam," a battle of the bands that is "Texas High School Football BIG." Charlotte's ex-boyfriend Ben Wheatly is poised to win with his band Glory Dogs - Springsteen wannabes down to their hats. For the first time in his life, Will finds he is uniquely suited to not only participate in something, but to truly make a difference.
Also, click HERE for more details and for more information about special screenings shown in select cities before the flick opens August 14.Clickey below to enter to win Bandslam prizes and to get your tickets!!
Buy tickets to Bandslam and get a sneak peek of an exclusive new trailer for New Moon, which can only be seen in theaters.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Just a note to let you all know that I have some changes coming, but I'm such a computer novice, I have no idea when. So if you can't log on for whatever reason, don't fear. Don't leave. Come back. It'll all be worth it in the end.
In the meantime, I'll keep posting as long as I can, then I'll be morphing like a butterfly, baby!
Don't stress, baby- it'll all be ok!
Dread Central reports this sick, ironic release:
Tonner Doll Company was the first collectibles outfit to recognize the potential of the Twilight franchise and (along with some prodding from Dread toy junkies) quickly jumped at the chance to bring this world of supernatural beings into their family of licenses. To date only Edward and Bella have been realized in doll form, but as the Dread crew closed up shop at San Diego Comic-Con, our excellent Tonner friends flagged us down for a sneak preview of what's to come.
Say hello to James (Cam Gigandet), Laurent (Edi Gathegi), and Victoria (Rachelle Lefevre, soon to be replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard, however)!
Thanks to the Lexicon for the heads up!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
"I was stunned by Summit 's decision to recast the role of Victoria for Eclipse, Lefevre said in a statement to RadarOnline.com “I was fully committed to the Twilight saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria . I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules.
My commitment to Barney's Version is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for Eclipse. Although the production schedule for Eclipse is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for Eclipse, never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.
I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the Twilight audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I've received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit 's surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of Eclipse only the very best."
"We at Summit Entertainment are disappointed by Rachelle Lefevre’s recent comments which attempt to make her career choices the fault of the Studio," the letter begins.
" Her decision to discuss her version of the scheduling challenges publicly has forced the Studio to set the record straight and correct the facts."
And, oh yes, there are bullet points:
• Ms. Lefevre's representatives were advised as early as April that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE was expected to start shooting in early August. • If Ms. Lefevre was, as she describes “passionate,” about being part of THE TWILIGHT SAGA, we feel that she and her representatives would have included us in her decision to work on another film that would conflict with the shooting schedule of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. • It was not until July 20th that Summit was first informed of Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to BARNEY’S VERSION, a commitment we have since been advised she accepted in early June. Summit had acted in good faith that she would be available to fulfill her obligations both in terms of rehearsals and shooting availability for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production. • Furthermore Ms. Lefevre took a role in the other film that places her in Europe during the required rehearsal time, and at least ten days of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE’s principal photography. This period is essential for both rehearsal time with the cast, and for filming at key locations that are only available during the initial part of production. • Contrary to Ms. Lefevre’s statement, it is simply untrue that the Studio dismissed her over a ten day overlap. It is not about a ten day overlap, but instead about the fact that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE is an ensemble production that has to accommodate the schedules of numerous actors while respecting the established creative vision of the filmmaker and most importantly the story. The fact remains that Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to the other project - which she chose to withhold from Summit until the last possible moment - makes her unfortunately unavailable to perform the role of Victoria in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.
We have been asked by people how to contact Summit Entertainment. Their address is a matter of public record:
1630 Stewart Street, Suite 120
Santa Monica, CA 90404
It’s our personal opinion that actual mail vs. email makes more of an impact. It’s easy to discard email with a simple click whereas it’s difficult to ignore the presence of physical mail, especially in volumes.
Internet petitions, while well intentioned, don’t work because it’s too easy to fake signatures, and for that reason management teams tend to not take them seriously.
We are currently tracking down a contact address for Rachelle that is for fans. Until we get it, you can reach her at her Twitter.
Here is Rachelle’s fanmail address(via Twilight Series Theories). Again though Tweeting is nice, you are limited to 140 characters. An actual card or letter we believe would have more of an impact.Rachelle Lefevre
Pearl Hanan Management
7775 Sunset Blvd.Suite 118
Los Angeles, CA 90046
In an interview with Time magazine, Weitz revealed some tidbits about New Moon that you may not know:
• There will be lots of sparkling in the movie.
• Stephenie Meyer will not have a cameo.
• Taylor’s abs are au natural.
• Summit understands that it's Stephenie Meyer's world, and really it's about recreating the experience the reader has, in some kind of faithful manner.
• Kristen is very protective of Taylor.
Read the rest of the Time interview here.