Sunday, March 1, 2009

How I Lost MY Twilight Virginity- a personal rant thanks to Letters from Twilight

Damm you, Edward Cullen, for making me lose my Twilight Virginity...
Edward Cullen by silent noises#.

Chances are, if you're reading this blog, you completely understand the significance of "pillow biting" and swoon a bit just thinking about it.

In other words, you have lost your Twilight Virginity, as Letters to Twilight puts it. Their recent letter sums up perfectly what most of us have experienced in one form or another. If you haven't already, read it and then reminisce......

I was at a school rally back in October of 2008 when a friend suddenly blurted out, "I'm reading this book called Twilight. I can't put it down and I can't stop thinking about it. It's 8 bucks at Target."

My frugality kicked in-- 8 bucks at Target for a book that transformed this woman from cheer mom to giddy school girl in 1.2 seconds flat seemed like a fair deal. I raced to the store and picked up both Twilight and New Moon, just in case this series was REALLY that good.

The next week of my life rendered me comatose to my family as I put each and every obligation on hold to plow through all four books. I picked up Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in the middle of reading New Moon, because I couldn't be caught without the next beautiful black book in my hot little hands.

I raved about the series and delighted in each new friend who became as enamored as I was with Edward. The joke that "my kids ate cereal for a week while I read the Twilight series,".....um. yeah. No joke. That really happened in my household.

Twilight became my life, and as this blog suggests... still is. I rarely swear, but just thinking about Edward Cullen makes me say "Damm." Everytime. Damm Edward Cullen.

My most vivid memory occurred while reading New Moon. I was sitting buck-nekked in a flimsy paper wrap in the stirrups at my OB/Gyn office when the words October. November. December. January. slowly slipped through my fingers with each passing page. It set me into a tizzy and I began bawling, just as my OB knocked and entered the room.

Twi-Hards, Closet Twilighters, your secret is safe with us. How did YOU lose your Twilight Virginity? Spill it, sister....

3 comments:

  1. I lost my Twi-virginity last year. I kept seeing my students lug around this big black book and decided to see what the heck it was all about. I devoured the first one in less than 24 hours, and then New Moon and Eclipse in the next two days. The rest, as they say, is history...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes- a teacher watching kids finally fascinated with a book- I think it's amazing that Stephenie created a series that appeals to women of all ages!! Thanks for sharing your Twi-virginity story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my Twi-virginity (all thanks to boo_bunnies) on a "romantic" trip/conference to Reno with my husband last October. I read through the entire book in a day and a half while he was sitting through classes. Each time he came back into the hotel room to check on me, I was in the same place - in bed, under the covers, with my nose in Twilight. He kept asking if I wanted to go do something on his breaks..."I'm good here" was my automatic response. Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete