Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Shades- who does it remind YOU of?

Twisuz strikes again... thanks, girl!

My Shades

By Suzanne Padgett
This poem I wrote is actually about myself- but it could pertain to anyone you think of , even Rob who I believe hides behind his, and for good reason! :)

I've a passion for my black shades
They offer a place to hide
They give me a strange comfort
On this otherwise bumpy ride

The sun is cruel and revealing
It erodes at my piece of mind
My shades always cover the windows
Of my soul that's naked and blind

Now I must stay busy
The call of life I heed
My shades on, out the door
For my art, no room for greed

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this one! It's kind of like reading from Bella's perspective where you can put yourself in the shoes of the story teller! Love that! Awesome, as usual!

    ReplyDelete