Kiowa Gordon, whose fame is about to shoot to the moon come November 20, spilled some juicy details to Indian Country Today:
- The Native American tribes to which each werewolf belongs: Kiowa Gordon, Hualapai; Alex Meraz, Purepecha (Tarasco); Chaske Spencer, Lakota; and Bronson Pelletier, Cree-Metis.
- Kiowa’s acting experience includes bit parts in Rick Schroeder’s Black Cloud and PBS Pictures Skinwalker.
- He got a “C” in his acting class at Cactus Shadows High School in Cave Creek, AZ. Cave Creek is also home to fellow werewolf Alex Meraz.
- A couple of weeks after landing the role as Embry, Kiowa was whisked off to Los Angeles for a “cyberscan,” an animation technique designed to create the animation transformation from boy to wolf. “A machine went around my body to create a computer image so I could be transformed into a werewolf.”
- Before New Moon- Kiowa had 200 MySpace friends. After New Moon filming- Kiowa now has over 3000.
About filming, Kiowa says, “We spend an hour in makeup getting darker and they enhanced our abs,” laughs Gordon. “It was really cold, one degree Celsius. We wore robes before our shoots. All our scenes were outdoors. We had to get in the rain. I’ve had long hair since the seventh grade, to my shoulders. Our hair has to be short when we become werewolves. I had no idea they were going to cut it. Oh man!”
Read more about it HERE!!