Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Twilight Saga Goddess Stephenie Meyer speaks

Queen Stephenie Meyer dispels rumors once and for all:

I am not being sued. No one has contacted me or my publisher to inform either of us that I'm being sued. I never had a roommate named Heidi. There is no professor in the BYU English department named Dr. Peter Benton (though there is a character on ER by that name). And most of all, I began writing Twilight exactly the way I've told people in countless interviews and events for the past six years: I had a cool dream, I wrote it down, writing it down was really fun, so I kept writing until I had a whole book.

The sad thing about this silly situation is that so many legitimate news outlets reported it without doing any research at all to determine if there was any truth to the story. And at least two of these facts are really, really easy to confirm. Particularly, the one about the BYU professor. A simple on-line search can give you that information. Also, a quick call to my publisher would have cleared up the whole lawsuit story. (Kudos to the fansites who did their due diligence and debunked this rumor days ago.)

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Image/NEWMOON_LOGO_FINAL.jpg

I guess the moral of the story is that—big surprise—you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Seems like it's April Fool's Day every day on-line. So no worries, the filming of New Moon continues uninterrupted. And, to end this on a bright note, the filming of New Moon continues to be awesome. It's all so beautiful! Chris Weitz is brilliant. Kristen, Rob, and Taylor are beyond words. I have gotten choked up more than once on set due to their amazing performances. I can't wait to see it all put together!

Thanks to My Twilight Saga Blog (a new, fantastic blog, btw!) for the tip!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I appreciate it, I need some exposure, lol! I will do the same for you.

    Thanks again! And I LOVE your site too, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving Steph's comments about being choked up over the performances. . .I am so bringing my kleenex box (or 2) with me to the premiere!! Now I'm off to check out that new cool blog =)

    ReplyDelete