Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Fangs Are Beginning to Show

I just posted this retraction apologizing for misquoting information about Bayona being chosen to direct "Eclipse." Seems things are getting a bit sticky. I don't retract my retraction, but read on:

The L.A. Times. Sounds about as reputable as you can get, right? After the reporter slammed Hollywood "in the know" reporter
Nikki Finke, she responded with this:

Summit Entertainment's president of worldwide production and acquisitions Erik Feig is accusing Los Angeles Times blogger Patrick Goldstein of misquoting him today about the accuracy of my reporting. And the movie executive has apologized to me.

Feig told me he plans to confont the LA Times columnist who has slammed me three times this week alone (and each time mischaracterized what I'd written and refused to correct it). I'm still waiting for Goldstein to publish my response today that I stand by my story, which I worded very specifically to say: "I can confirm that Summit Entertainment is telling Hollywood privately that Juan Antonio Bayona will direct Eclipse."

That said, I'll still be checking my sources, but until we hear official words on ANYTHING, keep in mind that everything on this and all blogs, sites, papers, mags, media is pure speculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment